What does inclusive mean to you?
Let us help you welcome students back to a more inclusive school climate
with Culturally responsive SEL resources and curriculum
Especially coming off the challenges and stress of remote learning, we combine the much-needed SEL support w the equal need to address the Regents call for Diversity Equity and Inclusion.
“Schools will need to fully develop supportive learning communities that build on safe and strong relationships and practices when students return. Ralph Singh and his Wisdom Thinkers Network are doing incredible work with culturally diverse stories that connect students, teachers and schools to community.” Ken Facin in SAANYS April newsletter Good people doing good work.
Using our award winning multi-cultural “Stories to Light Our Way,” aligned to both CASEL’s SEL competencies and Character.org’s character strengths we can help you simply create a framework for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Award winning multi-cultural wisdom stories with activities and lesson plans aligned w both the SEL competencies and character strengths integrated into CC and next gen ELA standards.
- As a stand-alone or compliment to any of your existing SEL/character education frameworks.
- Teacher and Administrator training in using culturally diverse resources to gain another perspective.
- Help to design and facilitate parental engagement opportunities.
- Custom alignment with existing school wide “pillars” for building wide affirmation.
We will understand what you have in place and help you establish goals for inclusive and culturally responsive teaching and learning
- Simple to implement as a stand-alone or a complement to any existing program.
- Easy to teach and integrate into any classroom setting or building wide framework.
- Easily internalized by students.
- Successful in both urban and rural settings in school, afterschool, and summer programs
- Stories connect diverse communities from schools to parents to workplaces.
We are aligned with these key state and national guidelines (clickable links)
WHO ARE WE
Recently featured in SAANYS April 2021 Newsletter, “Good People Doing Good Work – April 2021 News & Notes”.
Schools will need to fully develop supportive learning communities that build on safe and strong relationships and practices when students return. Ralph Singh and his Wisdom Thinkers Network are doing incredible work with culturally diverse stories that connect students, teachers and schools to community. Ralph currently consults to develop curricula and resources to bring an understanding of shared values into schools using teachings and stories of wisdom from the world’s spiritual traditions and cultures. His latest project, Stories to Light our Way, Journey to the World of Good draws from eleven different traditions through shared values of honesty, trust, empathy, compassion, and the importance of relationships and community. More about Ralph.
Elizabeth (Betsy) Conners served as an educator in the Fulton City School District for 34 years. She taught Kindergarten for 13 years, was an elementary principal for 5 years, and was the Executive Director of Instruction and Assessment for just over 15 years. She also serves as an adjunct professor in the Education Administration Program at LeMoyne College in Syracuse. Betsy currently consults with both PLC Associates, Inc, and Wisdom Thinkers, as the professional development specialist and program implementation coordinator. More about Betsy.